Vertex Propylene Glycol USP is a pharmacopeia specifications grade excipient of monopropylene glycol with a specified purity greater than 99.5%. USP refers to the fact is has been tested for compliance with the current United States Pharmacopeia (Food Grade) requirements.
Vertex Propylene Glycol USP is suitable for use in:
- Heat Transfer Fluids.
- Fragrance, Cosmetics and Personal Care.
- Food and Flavourings.
- Pet Food/Animal Feed.
- Pharmaceutical excipient.
- Unsaturated polyester resins.
- Coolants and Antifreeze.
- Hydraulic and Brake Fluid.
- Aircraft De-icing Fluid.
- Vape Machinery.
- Paint and Coatings..
Vertex Propylene Glycol USP provides the following benefits :
- Low Volatility.
- Low Toxicity.
- Improves Workplace Compliance.
- Multi Purpose Fluid.
- Manufactured using hydrogenolysis to create a very pure product
Additional Information :
- For many heat transfer applications it is necessary to use a heat-transfer fluid with a lower freezing point than water. The most common antifreeze fluid – ethylene glycol – must not be used where there is a chance of leakage to potable water or food processing systems. Vertex Propylene Glycol USP provides you with all the benefits of using an MEG based product, without any of the inherent health and safety risks.
- Due to slush creation – a propylene glycol and water solution should not be used close to freezing points.
Please consult our Lube Guide for detailed applications.
For MSDS and TDS Sheet requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com