Vertex Methylated Spirits is a water white, primary, aliphatic alcohol, with a mild non-residual odour it is miscible with most hydrocarbon solvents & chemicals, and completely miscible with water. It is used as a solvent for both synthetic and natural resins, printing inks and in the manufacture of lacquers, varnishes and cleaning compounds.
Vertex Methylated Spirits is designed to :
- Clean surfaces & glass, sterilises medical and dental instruments and domestic cleaning.
- A concentration of >60% Ethanol is antibacterial.
- As it is denatured with a bittering agent and not Methanol it is an ideal fuel for Ethanol fires including Cocoon Fires, EcoSmart Fires, Eco Fires, Blu box Fireplaces. Not suitable for Aura Fires (Planika and Chantico).
- Surface Coatings: Widely used in the surface coating industry as a solvent suitable for synthetic resins such as polyvinyl acetate. It is commonly used in the manufacture of nitrocellulose lacquers, vinyl resin solutions and phenolic laminating varnishes. It is often used in combination with aromatic hydrocarbons, esters, and ketones.
- Printing Inks: Used as a solvent or co-solvent in the manufacture of both rotogravure and flexographic printing inks.
- Personal Care Products: Used because of its low toxicity and moderate volatility. It is an ideal base solvent in the manufacture of personal care products where a minor water content is not undesirable.
- Other miscellaneous applications include: Biological preservatives, Sterilising medical and dental instruments, Manufacture of adhesive labels and Manufacture of cleaning compounds.
Please note Vertex Methylated Spirits is not a “potable” spirit as it includes a denaturant.
Please consult our Lube Guide for detailed applications.
For MSDS and TDS Sheet requests please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org